Sunday, October 11, 2009

Crocheted Vests

I just finished a pink crocheted vest, copying an older one I had made in a cream ivory color many years ago. the old one was literally coming apart, because I had used a very old thread bought in a garage sale. the Pink one is made, using Aunt Lydias crocheting size 10 thread in a bright pink color, but finished the neckline in a lighter pink, because i ran out of the brighter color. It actually looks very nice with the two colors. I did do a change from the ivory vest by adding two inches of a leaf vine at the waist, because the ivory waist was empire style.
I have decided I want another vest, using red yarn, left over from my red tablecloth, and this time I have enough to make it into a dress length vest if I choose to do so when I get to the end.
I am so happy I can see so well now that I can use that kind of yarn again. Before i had my cataracts removed I couldn't see well enough to use that kind of thin yarn.

1 comment:

  1. I have a box full of lovely yarns I need to send to you! Though, it is really expensive to send items to the US.

    Hope fully I can send it off in the near future, oh I have to check with customs as well.

    ReplyDelete