Saturday, April 27, 2013

Vacation Trip

I had a wonderful vacation with my youngest son, his wife, and my grandson, who was celebrating his sixth birthday.  We went to Brownsville and stayed a whole week filled with great fun, in spite of some of the knee problems that flared badly for me.  We went to the Gladys Porter Zoo, which I hadn't visited since 1979, when I took my four children who were then 3 top 8 years old then. the zoo is really a magnificent place and Jacob, my grandson really loved it all. I got my arms painfully sunburned, but it was a wonderful experience. 
We went to Roma, Texas where we visited with my cousins, Nazario Junior, Rosalinda Garcia, her husband and son, and Eva Hinojosa.  We had a wonderful visit with my mother's two sisters, Elvira(89) and Isidra(97).  It was incredible to be able to see my aunts after many years.
In Brownsville we went out in a boat to the Gulf to follow the dolphins.  They were simply amazing!  We even got to see what could be hauled in with a net.  We saw a small crab and a butterfly ray, which we got to hold in our hands.
We even got to use the pool. in front of our condo.  I got in once and did my exercises in the water and even got to jump.  the rest of the family used the pool several times. It really was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment