Sunday, May 30, 2010

Breakfast at my Cousin Tina's

Tina and I always talk on the phone and she had invited me to eat "gorditas" several times and I finally was able to actually go this past Sunday for a sort of brunch. "Gorditas" are corn tortillas, hand made and cooked on a grill, or comal. as the tortilla cooks, it kinda of rises up and then it can be cut witha kinife to use the hollow to fill up with meat, sort of like the pita pockets. The lady that made them is really an expert at Mexican cooking and she sometimes come to help my cousin with the housework. They really were great and i enjpyed getting together with those two ladies and reminicsing about the family and Mexican food while we ate...great Saturday morning! My son really enjoyed it too.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of those now painful memories of my cousin Tina!

    ReplyDelete